Firefox Download

If the video doesn't work on your browser then you can download mozilla firefox - link below, or you can watch it on you-tube, again link below. The video shows you what an RDA does!
Firefox link:
http://www.mozilla.org/download.html
You-tube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBOPeBJe59w
Enjoy watching!!

Barney

Barney
One of the Horses at Thornton Rose RDA

Tuesday 30 October 2007

RDA volunteer tips

There is a link in the title which will take you to a page with different volunteer/riding tips. Please leave a comment by clicking on "comment" below so that you could put a point down that we could discuss and also share with people from RDA's accross the world!!

Exercises are extremley important for both horse, rider and volunteer! If you don't do any exercise as a volunteer and rider and you are going to more than just walking then (from personal experience) you are going to be in pain! Just ask people at my RDA, I was out with the horses almost every day for just over a week (between my own and going out for a ride with other RDA volunteers) and helping as a volunteer. One of the hacks I was out on with 2 others was the most difficult I have ever been on as everything was all great until we reached the first tunnel! Now to be honest I don't do that much sport but I do have to say that I have never worked harder on a horse in my life just to reach the end of the tunnel and was in so much PAIN by the next day! so exercise is essential...!!!

2 comments:

Cathie said...

Hi - one of the things I like about volunteering with RDA is it means I get exercise on a Wednesday morning, it's more fun than going to the gym!! I don't understand about the tunnels, though, what tunnels, what happened??

Gemma Shand said...

Hi Cathie, Yeah it is definitely good exercise and I will do anything to avoid the gym. Well the tunnels, I had to think "what?" for a second - what happened was that I was out on a hack and there were tunnels that we had to go through and I had to use all my strength and muscles in my legs to get through - I was on KT Mo and by can she be stubborn when there is a tunnel in front if her!!

counter